Summer Entrepreneurial Experiences

RLM Associates Week 4

Monday, June 5, 2017 1:48 pm

This week at RLM my main goal was to finish up all loose ends so that when I leave for a few weeks all of the projects can be up and running. The most important thing was to transfer all information on my laptop to the RLM company server. I also had to make sure all of the companies I’m doing consulting for have all information/updates. Additionally, I had to organize and store all usernames and passwords that I had created so that in my absence it would be easy to log in as needed. Until I sat down to do this I didn’t realize how many accounts I had created. This also made me realize how many things go into even small tasks in a business, especially a start-up!

For the Forks in the Road book series/company I am working with I had to finish all categories that were needed in order to publish and be ready to print. This way, while I’m gone all I have to do is give the company an order of how many to print and we can begin the selling process. This included going over distribution and sales avenues as well as marketing to the degree that it is customized.

For Krumor, setting everything up for when I was gone primarily meant updating all job postings and going through applications that we have already received. We’re planing to wait the final due date to begin making decisions so review of applications was mostly organization.

Finally, for all of the crowdfunding projects I had to create all of the updates and adjustments that would be needed for the next two months so that while I’m gone it is an easy process. Additionally, in doing it like this the intern that will be uploading said updates won’t have to be briefed on the entire marketing plan.

While I’m gone I’ll have to keep monitoring all of the projects and make sure the crowdfunding goes as planned. Also, if something doesn’t move at the pace we’re wanting it to I’ll have to be able to revise form where I am. Additionally, while I’m abroad I’ll be trained for the software that is being used to create the companies websites so I can easily do updates from wherever I am.

One Response to “RLM Associates Week 4”

1. You are so right – there are a lot of small details and tasks in any company, especially during the transition while you’re away. It sounds like you are super prepared! You have been so busy these past four weeks. Being entrusted with seven companies to work with is something you should be very proud of!