Week 5

Over the past week we have opened Chicago and started tech for both The Amazing Tale of the Overnight Backyard Adventure and Far Away. We are also in the middle of designing a theoretical production of The Ghost of Lote Bravo. If anyone gets a chance to either see or read this play I would strongly suggest it. This production has an extremely strong message and in this current political climate it is all the more important.

I think that the speed at which Hangar Theatre moves is the most shocking experience thus far. This is because we have opened more shows in four weeks than we do in a year back at school. The ability to open shows so quickly is obviously due to the wonderful people working tirelessly day and night to build these designs; it also helps to not have to go to class in the middle of a build. These processes have taught me to trust my instincts. This makes for a much quicker design process.

The highlight of this week would be opening our second Cabaret. These small design opportunities are helping us to see and work the process of design. I have attached a photo of the Cabaret.

The theme was Karaoke / Dive Bar.

The theme was Karaoke / Dive Bar.

rodgej15 • July 2, 2018