F.M. Kirby Experiential Learning Stipend Recipient Blogs

Week 8

Hey y’all, welcome back to the blog! It’s hard for me to believe but I’m finally approaching my final week here at Eyeota.

I would like to think that I’ve been able to utilise the time I’ve been at Eyeota rather well. I have been able to get experience utilising different programs and platforms to handle data. I’ve started learning other computer languages like SQL that will be essential towards a future career in data analysis. Finally, in addition to helping out others in the office with organising data, I’ve also completed adhoc projects that automate important processes (including one that I finished just this Friday).

As my time here has started waning down towards its end, I have begun to be assigned less and less work. Since many of the projects that I work on take anywhere from days to a couple of weeks to complete, giving me more projects now would only result in unfinished material.

My highlight for this week was being able to finally get my machine learning code up and running (best described as a simple AI code). This was my first time applying what I learned about machine learning in a practical way and seeing it made all the hours I’ve spent on the code worth it.

liuk15 • July 24, 2017

Previous Post

Next Post