F.M. Kirby Experiential Learning Stipend Recipient Blogs

1

Week 4

Hey everyone, welcome back to the blog! This week, I’ll be talking about Eyeota and how it first got on its two feet. Eyeota was founded in 2010 by Kevin Tan, Kristina Prokop, and Trent Lloyd when they observed the rapid growth of programmatic advertising and audience-based targeting around the world. They recognized that the market was lacking high quality audience data that had both depth and scale and they sought out to fix that. With that in mind, they brought together a team to do just that. Now they have offices around the world and operate in Asia-Pacific, Australia, Europe, and the Americas. One of the growing pains that they experienced was that as the company grew larger and larger, the amount of data coming in was becoming exponentially higher. Eyeota brought on many skilled programmers with a vision for how the industry was heading to think up innovative ways to handle the issue.

In terms of a highlight of a week, I would say that I had multiple that are derived from the same thread. This week, I have been able to catch up with and get interesting Singaporean drinks with people from every team of the Singaporean office. I would get to know them, learn about what they do, and understand how their role affects the company as a whole. I not only got to better know the coworkers I am working with but have also been better able to connect the dots on my own team’s important role in everything.

liuk15 • June 26, 2017

Previous Post

Next Post

Comments

1. Ashley Graham Phipps June 29, 2017 - 8:49 pm Reply

Big data is becoming a huge part of our everyday life. It is exciting that you are getting to see the behind the scenes of it all.