First Real Week

What a week! After a few days of technical difficulties I am finally able to submit my post for my first real week of work. I have been extremely busy traveling throughout North Carolina for my internship, and gaining experiences in many different fields that PruittHealth has to offer. I have traveled to Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte, Winston-Salem, and High Point so far. Each facility I visit are vastly different, although they are all skilled nursing home facilities. I worked very closely with the admissions directors at both Durham and Raleigh to help with the admission process of patients from various hospitals into Pruitt’s facilities. I was in charge of “admission packets,” which are 89 page long documents explaining everything from HIPPA to patient rights to types of insurance coverages. It is very long and often tedious, but I thoroughly enjoy meeting one-on-one with patients and their families. I am looking forward to the hospital time I have been assigned for next week. There are also talks of me attending a conference in Tennessee with a sales rep in order to help expand Pruitt’s pharmaceutical business.

Over the next few weeks I plan to learn how sales referrals work from start to finish, as well as how to retain relationships with those who have referred business to you. I also plan to learn how the pharmaceutical aspect of this company is run, and to see how it is pushed on hospitals and other skilled nursing facilities. One of the main highlights of my week was traveling to the Raleigh/Durham area and having lunch with 4 of the regional managers and administrators. It was very interesting to hear advice they gave me, outside of an office setting. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I think there were a few things I will definitely be able to use moving forward in my future career.

Until next time…

ingrzl14 • June 1, 2017