Throughout the ZSR Library, the group study rooms are equipped with LCD projectors, DVD/VCR combos and SMART Boards.
Included below are instructions for:
- Projecting from a laptop to a ceiling mounted projector
- Projecting from a laptop to a flat panel/SMARTBoard
- Playing audio from a laptop
- Playing a DVD or VHS tape
- Using the Interactive SMART Board
To use this equipment, begin by connecting the video cable, audio cable and USB cable to the corresponding ports on the laptop.
(See image below)
Project from a laptop to a ceiling mounted projector:
- Connect the video cable to the video port on the laptop.
- Press the power button on the projector.
(See image below. Red arrow indicates power button)
- Press the power button twice to turn off the projector (fan will continue to run)
- Use the Presentation Director icon in the System Tray to select: “4) thinkPad LCD and Projector” (See image below) or press and hold the Function “Fn” key and F7 and select “4) thinkPad LCD and Projector” or “Duplicate Monitor”
- The laptop and projector will flicker and then project. This will take a few seconds
- When done projecting, press the power button on the projector twice to turn off the projector.
(The fan will run until the bulb cools.)
- If the image does not appear on the projector, check that the projector input is set to “Computer” to project from the laptop. (Input button is next to the power button on the projector.)
Project from a laptop to a flat panel at the front of the room:
- Connect the video cable to the video port on the laptop. (and audio cable to audio port if sound is required.)
- Connect the USB cable to one of the USB ports on the laptop.
- Using the small remote located underneath the flat panel/SMART Board, press the POWER button to turn the monitor on.
- The flat panel screen will come up with a “No Signal” message after a few seconds (If not, try pressing the power button again and wait for a few more seconds.
- Use the Presentation Director on your computer, located in the System Tray (The green clap board icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen) or by pressing Fn+F7, and set your computer to present on a projector and notebook, (XGA 1024×768).
- Use the INPUT button on the small remote to set the monitor to PC3 Analog.(In a few moments, your desktop should be displayed on both the monitor and your computer.
Play audio from a laptop:
- To play audio from the laptop through the speakers in the room (or speakers in the projector) connect the audio cable to the headphones jack on the laptop.
Play a DVD or VHS tape:
- DVDs and VHS tapes can be played through the projector in group study rooms through the DVD/VCR combo player by the SMART Board in most of the rooms.
(See image below.)
- In rooms without a DVD/VCR combo player, users may project DVDs using the DVD player in their laptop.
- Set the projector input to “Video” to project from the DVD/VHS player. (Input button is next to the power button on the projector.)
- Use the volume controls on the projector to adjust the volume from the DVD/VHS player.
Use the interactive SMART Board:
- The SMART Board and pens can be used without software to point and click, navigating the computer. To use the drawing features, users must install the SMART Board software. Use the link below to find instructions for installing and using the SMART Board software.
- Additionally, regular dry-erase markers can also be used on SMART Boards.
- USE ONLY STANDARD DRY-ERASE markers on the SMART Boards.
For more information on installing the SMART Board software or using the SMART Board tools: http://zsr.wfu.edu/smartboard
For support, contact email@example.com