Summer Entrepreneurial Experiences

RLM Associates Week 7

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 9:29 am

This was my second-to-last week working for RLM and a ton of final projects have to be finished up before I can leave. A lot of the time this week went to starting up and creating accounts for all the future projects we know are coming up. Having used a lot of the software and programs the entire summer, it saves a lot of time to have me set up a project. I already know all the account information and the beginning steps are a but more unclear, we can then have the new intern just go in and follow the remaining steps that are laid out. This will also give her a good idea of where each company is going without her having to sit down and try to under stand their multiple-year plans in her first week!

For the Forks In The Road book series, getting everything ready meant setting up the next 3 books with the publishing company. Once this is done, the new intern will be able to simply log on to our account and see what all the steps are as I have laid them out. I followed our format for the first book, which is more time conscious than having her figure it all out. It also meant updating the marketing plan for the series. I planned out in detail the next 2 months hoping that after those 8 weeks she will have adjusted and will feel confident working out the next plan for herself.

With one of our newer projects, we’re conducting some research with students in the fall semester. We are working with a local college and are collecting the data in a couple of ways. We spent a decent amount of time this week working with Qualtrics and with one of the professors to create an initial survey. We want to have enough data gathered this first semester so that we can take advantage of a second semester consulting class the professor teaches. If we have enough data for them to work with they will be a big help in the research project.

The final project we focused on this week was the software development. This was almost entirely going back and forth with the company just answering simple questions.

Next week is my last week so there will be a lot or organizing and information sorting, but I’m hoping to get this all squared aware so that things can keep moving forward smoothly!