Summer Entrepreneurial Experiences

UpDog Kombucha Week 2

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:20 pm

The first big task I’ve been assigned to at UpDog is to redo the website. Originally we had planned for a slight remodel, but after thinking it through, we decided that restarting from scratch was the best way to make sure that all the new features we wanted to be a part of the site were included in the new site. I’d done a little bit of work with graphic design before, but I’ve never had the opportunity to work on redesigning a full site, so I was exciting to get to work on creating a new page that is both informative and aesthetically pleasing.

In my head, creating a new website would be as simple as labeling tabs and inputting information. I didn’t realize the thought and deliberation that goes into exactly what is put on there ranging from information about the product, information about the company, and answers to many frequently asked questions. All this alongside trying to make the website look clean and put together seemed a little daunting at first, but has turned into a rewarding project to work on, as I can see my project grow each day.

The section I’m tackling first is the Frequently Asked Questions (or FAQs) and in doing this, I have been able to learn even more about the business, what goes into the product, and the benefits of kombucha overall. By trying to think ahead of the customer and drawing upon questions that people at farmers’ markets typically ask me., I’ve been able to piece together what other information will be important to feature on our new site.

Overall, I’m excited with the progress we’ve made on the site so far and I can’t wait to see the final product come to life soon!

One Response to “UpDog Kombucha Week 2”

1. That is super valuable experience for you, Meghan! Designing a website is definitely a big deal, especially from scratch! Can’t wait to see it!