Summer 2016 Entrepreneurial Experiences

Week 8: Finishing Strong

Saturday, August 27, 2016 7:42 pm

It was truly an honor working for Azione this summer, and I am excited to have discovered a real passion for PR while doing so. I’m extremely grateful that I was able to work directly with a female entrepreneur who has taken the PR industry in an entirely new direction. By the end of my ten-week internship, I completed all my long-term research projects and was extremely successful in compiling the entire Holiday Gift Guide List that the CEO had requested.

Perhaps most rewarding, I was treated like any other team member. My ideas were valued and always taken into consideration, and I felt like I was able to make a real contribution for my company. One of my biggest takeaways was that you must always approach projects and client requests with a creative mindset. By the end of my internship, I was able to target a specific market a client should utilize, and was also able to pitch our clients’ products to the media by myself.

It was very exciting to see a mid-stage startup continue to flourish, landing exciting new clients, and expanding in size. I could not have asked for a better internship and look forward to seeing what exciting things are in store for Azione!