Summer 2016 Entrepreneurial Experiences

Week 10: The End of My Internship

Monday, August 22, 2016 12:38 pm

Now that my internship has ended, I am able to reflect on this very wonderful experience. I have learned many lessons and I am grateful for the opportunity. With my legal background, I came into this internship certain that I knew what to expect and could predict how things would run from week to week. This firsthand experience definitely opened my eyes to the daily operations and obstacles faced by a new law practice. The most important lesson that I have learned is that there is nothing predictable about running a new law firm. Ultimately, I plan to open an international law office and I believe that I now know what it takes to get it started. Additionally, I have seen the amount of work that will be required to market my firm and help it become a success. There will be challenges, but it is important to face each obstacle head-on and to continue to persevere and remain persistent in spite of any discouragement or difficulties that may occur. In the legal field, it is difficult to be the newbie and at the same time gain a competitive advantage. However, during this internship, I have been involved in many projects that I will be able to use in my own law practice including, various marketing techniques, community relations projects, a law practice management program, and effective office policies and procedures. I have learned many valuable lessons while helping to research and implement each of these projects. In the end, I am glad that I was able to participate in this experience, and I am encouraged now that I see the wide range of possibilities for my own practice.

One Response to “Week 10: The End of My Internship”

1. What a fantastic experience for you Assel! We are glad you were able to both learn & contribute, while finding inspiration, knowledge, and resources you can bring to your own practice one day!